the camera goddess she is a harsh mistress

>> Sunday, July 5, 2009

I'm lamenting the destruction of the LCD screen of my digital camera. It was in a bag with other stuff and then something happened. Something smooshed up agin it. Curses! I say! I can't see what i'm taking a picture of. I have to guess at it. takes a little of the worry of composition out of the process, no?Is it day three or four? I'm starting to lose counts as the nap time seems to overtake wake time. the constant lap of the waves on the shore and the breeze through the house makes it impossible not to sleep. This morning I went to the pueblo Akumal in search of corn tortillas or tortilla de maise. They only have wheat or harina tortillas in the beach area. The pueblo is where the Mexicans who work in the beach area live. It is mostly concrete block homes and stores. I stopped at a fruit juice stand and bought a licuado de fruta melon grande and a licuado de fruta plantain medio. I asked the woman who ran the place where I could get corn tortillas and she said no one sold them. So I just took the juice and went back to our place. Later we went to the Yal Cu lagoon and snorkeled for two hours. We usually do about an hour but we lost each other by a reef and spent some anxious time searching for one another. I saw a three foot needle fish, a large sting ray, schools of tangs and sergent major fish. Martha saw a very large parrot fish. We also talked to the dive shop nearby about a dive class tomorrow. it looks like we are going to do it. I'm a little apprehensive but what is the worst that can happen?

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: