Next day I think

>> Monday, December 28, 2009


Second day in Oaxaca and Steve and Beth, Martha's friends, a geologist and librarian and I go to the mountains outside of Oaxaca for breakfast. A beautiful drive to 9000 feet above sea level. It is a bit cooler but not as cool as it usually is. In fact it is warm. I brought my sweater but never thought of wearing it. I had huevos a la Mexicana and afterwards we drove back to the city. Martha and went downtown and shopped and shopped around the zocalo. We ended up at the Bar Jardin and met Fany, Martha's neighbor who is in law school. The zocalo was crowded with people and vendors and musicians. Four muscians were playing Andean style music two tables over and we could hardly hear ourselves talk. I had a couple of beers and a mezcal and soon became tired. We go home. Crash. Sleep. Deep sleep and in the morning I wake up and listen to the sounds of burro's braying, roosters crowing and dogs barking. The air is clear and blue and the light is to die for.

0 comments: